Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Day Off

I had a day off from the office today. Just the one day off. Despite my day being booked off six weeks in advance I still received a massive number of phone calls from people oblivious to the fact that I did not want them phoning me!

It seems that the only way to avoid work if I am having a day off is to turn off my mobile phone. But I do not really want to do this in case I get some kind of urgent phone call about an unexpected arrest, or something similar. Perhaps I am just a sucker for punishment?

I recall as a trainee I had a summer holiday abroad and took my mobile with me. During the second week of the holiday I had a call from one of the partners telling me that I was not to go to the office when I came back from holiday as he had a string of outdoor appointments for me to go on. He then gave me details of the appointments.

No comments: