Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Fame

Today was rather bizarre. Whilst I had been in Court I had been left a voicemail message on my mobile from a prospective Client asking if I could represent them tomorrow. After I had finished at Court I returned to my office and as I walked in the door this prospective Client phoned me through my office landline.

After discussing their case I took down their details and then realised that they were well known and could even be described as famous or a celebrity. Apparently I had been highly recommended by a Client I had acted for in the past.

Ten minutes after putting the phone down on this Client Radio Five telephoned me and asked if I would be available to go on air during their morning phone in about the whether youth sentences were too low. A few weeks ago I had spoken to a Radio 5 researcher about this blog and they had dug up my details from that earlier conversation. Foolishly I declined the offer to go on air as it clashed with other Court commitments that I had to cover.

Within the space of 10 minutes I had picked up a well known personality to represent and independent of that case I had been asked to speak on Radio 5.

No comments: